Fundraising for MND & Me
The 6th annual Twilight Bay Run in Wynnum will attract thousands of competitors who will be fundraising to help charity. Proceeds from entrant registration fees will be donated to our primary charity partner for the Twilight Bay Run 2017. We encourage participants to support our charity partner and fundraise individually through the online fundraising portal.
MND AND ME FOUNDATION
The MND and Me Foundation Limited is a not for profit organisation formed to raise awareness of Motor Neurone Disease (MND) and its impact in the community. Founder, Scott Sullivan identified a desperate need to assist people living with MND, and their families, to maintain their independence and quality of life for as long as possible.
The Foundation has four key focus areas: CARE, RESEARCH, AWARENESS and COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT.
The Foundation has become a valued member of the MND community by:
- Working closely with corporate entities and other Australian MND and PND associations in a financial and operational capacity to provide care and services to people living with a PND.
- Contributing financially towards research into finding a cure for MND.
- Intending to be there for people throughout the cycle of pre-diagnosis, diagnosis, living with MND and following a loved ones’ passing.
As the symptoms of MND increase, the level of care needed to remain at home www.buyantibioticshere.com/buyaugmentin.html also increases. Families need to adapt to the constantly changing levels of disabilities. They need physical and emotional support. They need community acceptance. The MND and Me Foundation is a constant in this changing environment.
- MND is a progressive neurodegenerative disease.
- There is no cure for MND.
- MND can affect anyone at any stage of their lives.
- There are ~2000 people currently affected by MND in Australia (60% male, 40% female).
- Every day in Australia, 2 people are diagnosed with MND, and 2 people die from MND.
- The estimated lifetime risk for MND is 1:300.
- About 10% of cases run in the family, the remaining 90% of cases have no known genetic link.
- The total economic cost of MND in Australia was $2.37 billion in 2015, which equates to $1.1 million per person.
How can you help?
You are able to help raise funds and awareness for charity by engaging in any of the following activities
We look forward to your involvement in the Twilight Bay Run and hope you can join in the run under the moon and stars alongside a sparkling waterfront in September in 2017